Assessor & Internal Quality Assurance Continual Professional Development Training : 1 day workshop
This is an excellent 1-Day CPD workshop that covers both assessing and internal quality assurance (IQA) and has been designed to meet the ‘First Aid Awarding Organisation Forum’s’ Assessment Principles for First Aid, and in particular the additional requirements introduced in October 2015.
These Assessment Principles are the minimum requirements that are expected of regulated training providers in the UK. The certificate is awarded by First Aid Awards Ltd, an Ofqual and SQA Accreditation regulated awarding organisation.
Within the Assessment Principles there is a requirement that all Trainers must hold an assessing qualification, or have attended a suitable assessing CPD workshop, to be able to assess learners on regulated First Aid qualifications.
The CPD Workshop has been created to allow Trainers that hold a teaching qualification that does not include an assessing module (such as the 6-credit Level 3 PTLLS), or Trainers that do not hold an assessing qualification, to easily meet the requirements of the Assessment Principles.
The Workshop is also suitable for persons wishing to conduct the monitoring of First Aid Trainer/Assessors and the quality assurance of regulated course paperwork.
The Assessment Principles require those involved in the quality assurance of First Aid qualifications to hold an IQA qualification or have attended suitable CPD training. This Workshop meets that requirement and allows persons, who do not already hold an IQA qualification, to conduct quality assurance procedures for regulated First Aid qualifications.
- Delegate resources
- All Certification and Registration fees
- Lifelong qualification
- Quality training venues
- The very best of instructors
The workshop fee includes:
Prerequisites to attend
Attendees must hold a First Aid at Work qualification or hold a current medical registration as a Doctor, Nurse or Paramedic.
The workshop is made up of theoretical sessions delivered by the Instructor who will provide a detailed course programme.
A range of subjects are covered that will enable you to understand:
- Roles and responsibilities of the Assessor(s)
- Principles of assessment
- The importance of the assessment cycle
- Audit trail and record keeping for QA purposes
- Provide an overview of the Awarding Organisation (AO) specific assessment approach/design
- Provide examples of AO assessment paperwork
- Guidance on how to prepare and complete assessments
- Practical exercises/activities on conducting first aid assessments of both practical and theory
- Roles and responsibilities of the Internal Quality Assurer and the External Quality Assurer
- Principles of internal quality assurance
- Observing first aid training activity and providing feedback
- Leading the standardisation process
- Provide an overview of the AO’s internal and external quality assurance approach/design/strategy/procedure
- Provide examples of AO internal quality assurance paperwork
- Practical exercises/activities on conducting first aid internal quality assurance
You will receive a CPD attendance certificate from First Aid Awards for this CPD event.
A maximum of 16 students are allowed and must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
We have venues for this qualification throughout the UK, please see the course schedule for full information.
If you have several employees that you wish to train as a First Aid Instructor why not consider an onsite course. With lead instructors based throughout the UK, Nuco Training are able to provide training at your premises, at a time and date to suit your requirements, for our full range of courses that we have to offer. Should you require a number of courses, we can offer you corporate rate discounts. We currently deliver courses for many national and international companies throughout the UK and abroad. To learn more why not visit our On-Site Training page.
A comprehensive range of fully illustrated training books to supplement your courses are available starting at £1.00 per book from our online shop.
The programme is a 7-hour classroom based workshop, split into a morning session of 4 hours for the Assessment Guidance and an afternoon session of 3 hours for the Internal Quality Assurance Guidance. It is mandatory to attend the full day.