Health and safety statistics 2018
31 Oct 2018
The HSE published online today (31st October 2018) the latest statistics on work-related health and safety in Great Britain, including the following key annual figures (2017/18):
- 1.4 million working people suffering from work-related ill health
- 2,595 mesothelioma deaths due to past asbestos exposures (2016)
- 144 workers killed at work
- 555,000 injuries occurred at work according to the Labour Force Survey
- 71,062 injuries to employees reported under RIDDOR
- 30.7 million working days lost due to work-related ill health and workplace injury
- £15 billion estimated cost of injuries and ill health from current working conditions (2016/17)
The release provides detailed commentary on these figures and is supported by:
- The Statistics webpages , with a range of information e.g. on different types of work-related ill-health and different industry sectors.
- A comprehensive set of tables , designed to make the data accessible to users.
- The HSE’s annual infographic-style summary booklet .