First Aid and Mental Health Training Courses for Children
The Mini Medics courses are a fantastic way to introduce first aid and mental health to children. Supported by Nuco Training, the UK’s largest independent professional network of First Aid and Compliance Instructors.
Who can teach the Mini Medics courses?
The courses are suitable for qualified teachers and trainers who hold a Level 3 (or higher) subject qualification and teaching/assessing qualification.
Perfect for school teachers and trainers
The Mini Medics resources are perfect for people who teach in schools, after school clubs, sports clubs and organisations such as Cubs, Brownies and Scouts.
Resources for PSHE Lessons
Health educations lessons are now compulsory in all state-funded schools in England and this includes basic first aid and mental health training.
Essential life skills for children
The Mini Medics courses provide a good foundation for children to learn how to take care of their mental and physical health, as well as looking out for the people around them.
Mini Medics First Aid
Mini Medics First Aid is a basic first aid course designed for children between the ages of 7 and 11, but it can suit children of any age. A range of topics are covered including contacting the emergency services, CPR, how to use an AED, the recovery position, choking and many more.
Mini Medics Mental Health
Mini Medics Mental Health is a basic mental health course designed for children between the ages of 9 and 13, but it can suit children of any age.
The course will provide learners with a basic understanding of mental health, including what mental health means, how it is linked to physical health, what to do if they have a worry and the various ways in which they can look after their mental health.
How to get started
It’s quick and easy to get started teaching the Mini Medics courses.
Simply purchase the Mini Medics Trainer Pack for first aid and/or mental health training and you can start teaching the courses right away.
Mini Medics First Aid Trainer Pack
- Mini Medics First Aid Trainer USB flash drive (includes 3- hour and 1-hour course resources, administrative documents and marketing materials)
- 32 x Mini Medics First Aid Student Packs (includes books, worksheets and a choice of Mini Medics branded pens or pencil sets)
- Chain of Survival First Aid Board Game
The trainer pack includes:
Mini Medics Mental Health Trainer Pack
- Mini Medics Mental Health Trainer USB flash drive (includes 3- hour and 1-hour course resources, administrative documents and marketing materials)
- 32 x Mini Medics Mental Health Student Packs (includes books, worksheets and a choice of Mini Medics branded pens or pencil sets)
The trainer pack includes: