This 3-day course will enable you to teach the Ofqual and SQA regulated national qualifications in First Aid for Mental Health and is available either as a classroom-based course or by distance learning – further details on the distance learning option.
Nuco Training have created a unique Instructor course to allow you to deliver the First Aid for Mental Health qualifications that have been developed by First Aid Awards (FAA). Our main aim is to raise the awareness of mental health within the British public and UK workplaces through national qualifications regulated by Ofqual which are listed on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) and The Scottish Qualifications Authority (SCQF).
Nuco’s First Aid for Mental Health programme has been developed using the latest research and information from some of the world’s largest medical institutions and we ensure all knowledge that is achieved through attendance is up to date. We provide learners with the appropriate tools and information to support a person with a suspected mental health condition.
This course has been developed within the United Kingdom and as such Nuco and FAA have taken the unique needs of the British public and UK workplaces into highest consideration during the development. We, therefore, do not require any third party licencing for our own product or required to make any payments overseas in respect of royalties. There is no restriction as to where you can run your courses due to licencing, in fact, Nuco instructors are running courses as far as mainland Europe and the UEA.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to attend this First Aid for Mental Health Instructor Course, you will need an existing teaching qualification or working towards gaining this qualification.
The First Aid for Mental Health Instructor course is suitable for anyone with an interest in delivering the new half-day level 1/4, 1-day level 2/5 and 2-day level 3/6 qualifications and who has an existing recognised teaching qualification. The course will also enable you to deliver the new Level 2 Award (L5 in Scotland) in First Aid for Youth Mental Health.
During the course, you will be asked to deliver a micro-teaching session on First Aid for Mental Health to your peers on the course. Your allocated topic will be sent to you as part of your joining instructions, so that you can prepare your session prior to attending the course.
Nuco’s Instructor course includes the Tutor Packs with PowerPoint and training notes for you to run the new Ofqual-regulated First Aid for Mental Health qualifications. You become registered with Nuco Training as a First Aid for Mental Health Instructor by attending this course. You then run and certificate your own courses through Nuco and we will supply the Ofqual regulated certificates from our Awarding Organisation – First Aid Awards Ltd.
N.B. This course does not contribute to your annual monitoring of first aid courses.
- A range of subjects are covered including:
- What is First Aid for Mental Health?
- Identifying mental health conditions
- Providing advice and starting a conversation
- Mental health conditions
- Drugs and alcohol
- First Aid for Mental Health action plan
- First Aid for Mental Health in the workplace
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Eating disorders
- Personality disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- Qualifications you will attain from this course: (subject to assessment)
- Instructor Certificate in First Aid for Mental Health from Nuco Training Ltd
- FAA Level 3 Award in Supervising First Aid for Mental Health (RQF)
- Award in Leading First Aid for Mental Health at SCQF Level 6
- Qualifications you will be able to teach: (subject to you holding an appropriate teaching qualification)
- FAA Level 1 Award in Awareness of First Aid for Mental Health
- Award in Awareness of First Aid for Mental Health at SCQF Level 4
- FAA Level 2 Award in First Aid for Youth Mental Health
- Award in First Aid for Youth Mental Health at SCQF Level 5
- FAA Level 2 Award in First Aid for Mental Health
- Award in First Aid for Mental Health at SCQF Level 5
- FAA Level 3 Award in Supervising First Aid for Mental Health
- Award in Leading First Aid for Mental Health at SCQF Level 6
- Delegate resources
- All Registration fees
- Refreshments and lunch
- Comprehensive Trainers packs and PowerPoint presentations on USB memory sticks
- Quality training venues
- The very best of instructors
- Full administrative and technical support throughout your qualification period
- Access to NucoPlus® – a unique online Instructor support area
Nuco Training Ltd is an Approved Provider to the Military Funding Scheme of Enhanced Learning Credits (ELCs). Our Approved Provider number is 1349. This course will be fundable through the ELCAS scheme. The course code is NT012.
The course fee includes:
You will be issued a Nuco Training Instructor Certificate, as well as a level 3 (Level 6 in Scotland) regulated certificate. Until the end of 2019, there will be no expiry date for this qualification. It is highly recommended that you attend CPD training as often as possible.
As of 2020, this instructor qualification will be valid for 3 years from the date of achievement. Instructors will need to complete the full course again to requalify for a further 3 years. It is strongly recommended that you attend annual refresher training.
A maximum of 12 students can be accommodated on this course and all candidates must be a minimum of 19 years of age to qualify due to the requirement to hold a recognised teaching qualification.
A range of methods are used, including, practical and questioning (open and multiple-choice).
If you have several employees that you wish to train as a First Aid for Mental Health instructor, why not consider an onsite course? With lead instructors based throughout the UK, Nuco Training are able to provide training at your premises, at a time and date to suit your requirements. We currently deliver courses for many national and international companies throughout the UK and abroad. To learn more why not visit our On-Site Training page, for our full range of courses that we have to offer.
This is a 3-day course held at various venues throughout the UK. We can deliver an on-site course if you have a number of delegates wishing to undertake it. See syllabus for full course breakdown.
3-Day course cost: £540.00
(£450.00 + VAT)
Course information, schedules and booking
This book and our full range of invaluable First Aid training books are available from our online shop.