Catastrophic Bleed, Airway Management and Defibrillation Professional Development Training : 1 day workshop
This is an excellent workshop to equip trainers with the necessary skills to teach and assess their own students in Catastrophic Bleeding, Airway Management and Defibrillation Awareness.
It will advise on the inherent dangers associated with the use of Tourniquets and Haemostatic Dressings and various types of Airways, whilst administering first aid in a high risk environment for the purpose of saving life.
It has been developed to meet the requirements of industries that consider themselves to be at high risk following a suitable and sufficient risk assessment. This workshop will equip the trainer with the necessary skills, knowledge and expertise on how to apply a Tourniquet and Haemostatic dressings and how to manage an Airway in the event of an emergency.
The workshop also includes a session on Defibrillation Awareness training, which now has to be included in your First Aid training. Please note that this does not provide a qualification to run regulated Defibrillation courses.
- Delegate resources
- CPD Certification fees
- Refreshments and lunch
- Lifelong qualification
- Quality training venues
- The very best of instructors
The workshop fee includes:
The course is made up of theoretical sessions delivered by the Instructor who will provide a detailed course programme.
A range of subjects are covered including:
- Changes to the guidelines
- Catastrophic external bleeding, control measures and equipment
- Recognising a catastrophic external bleed
- Catastrophic external bleed control measures
- Casualty aftercare
- Dangers of the incorrect use of tourniquets and haemostatic products
Session 1 – Catastrophic Bleed
- Recap on the respiratory system
- Airway obstruction
- Aspirate: immediate dangers associated with suction
- Priorities of the airway ladder
- Airway management
Session 2 – Airway Management
- Introduction to the Automated External Defibrillator
- Functions of an AED
- How to use an AED on a casualty who has no normal signs of breathing
- CPD closure and assessment
Session 3 – Defibrillation Awareness
You will receive a CPD certificate of attendance upon completion.
The Workshop price includes all refreshments and lunch.
A maximum of 16 students are allowed and must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
We have venues for this qualification throughout the UK, please see the course schedule for full information.
If you have several employees that you wish to train as a First Aid Instructor why not consider an onsite course. With lead instructors based throughout the UK, Nuco Training are able to provide training at your premises, at a time and date to suit your requirements, for our full range of courses that we have to offer. Should you require a number of courses, we can offer you corporate rate discounts. We currently deliver courses for many national and international companies throughout the UK and abroad. To learn more why not visit our ON-SITE TRAINING page.
A comprehensive fully illustrated training book to supplement the Catastrophic Bleed course is included in your training pack. If you wish to purchase more of these invaluable training books, they are available from our online shop.
The programme is a 6-hour classroom based workshop with elements of roleplay, group work and practical demonstrations. There are three sessions.
Please see below for full schedule…
- Telford – Dates : 10/09/2018
- Doncaster – Dates : 05/11/2018
- Colchester – Dates : 19/11/2018
- Exeter – Dates : 14/01/2019
- Bristol – Dates : 04/03/2019
- Chatham – Dates : 11/04/2019