Level 2/5 Defibrillation Instructor course
The aim of the Defibrillation Instructor course is to enable Instructors of both First Aid and Lifeguard qualifications, to deliver the Level 2 Award (Level 5 in Scotland) in Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation and Automated External Defibrillation.
These are the details of a separate 1-Day course for those who want to achieve this qualification as a stand-alone course.
Who should attend?
Anyone who is currently qualified to deliver Ofqual or SQA Approved First Aid, or Lifeguard courses.
This course will cover the complete syllabus of the course that you will be equipped to deliver namely the Level 2 Award (Level 5 in Scotland) in Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation and Automated External Defibrillation. It is an interactive course and you will be expected to demonstrate your First Aid knowledge and presentational skills. The Course content includes:-
- Introduction to defibrillation
- Primary survey
- Secondary assessment
- AED functions
- Defibrillation using an AED
- Paediatric defibrillation
- Safety measures
- Final Assessment
- Delegate resources
- All Certification and Registration fees
- 3-year Instructor qualification
- A comprehensive Trainers pack and PowerPoint presentation
- Quality training venues
- The very best of instructors
- Full administrative and technical support throughout your qualification
- Comprehensive CPR-AED manual
- Access to NucoPlus® – a unique online Instructor support area
The course fee includes:
A three-year Instructor qualification will be awarded to all successful candidates. This will be renewed by attending a full One-Day course every 3 years. Your will be awarded with the level 2 award in CPR & AED.
A maximum of 12 students can be accommodated on this course and all candidates must be a minimum of 16 years of age to qualify.
We have venues for this qualification throughout the UK, please see the course schedule for full information.
If you have several employees that you wish to train as a Food Safety Instructor why not consider an onsite course. With lead instructors based throughout the UK, Nuco Training are able to provide training at your premises, at a time and date to suit your requirements, for our full range of courses that we have to offer. Should you require a number of courses, we can offer you corporate rate discounts. We currently deliver courses for many national and international companies throughout the UK and abroad. To learn more why not visit our ON-SITE TRAINING page.
A comprehensive fully illustrated training book to supplement the Defibrillation course is included in your training pack. If you wish to purchase more of these invaluable training books, they are available from our online shop.
This course runs over 1 day. As with any professional qualification, there has to be a commitment from yourself in respect of preparation both before and during the course.
1-Day course cost: £150.00 + VAT
(£180.00 including VAT)
Course schedules and booking
Enquire about this course
Benefits for you
- Allows you to teach and assess the new Ofqual regulated Level 3 Award in Defibrillation
- Full technical, marketing and administrative support throughout your three year qualification period
- You will be informed immediately of any change to protocols
- A very comprehensive tutor’s pack and USB containing a complete PowerPoint presentation, enabling you to start training immediately. (The USB PDF version also facilitates printing a full set of acetates if preferred)
- All resources to enhance your training can be supplied by Nuco Training Ltd, including, manikins, books and First Aid supplies via www.nucoplus.com
- All our Instructor Course Instructors have a wealth of experience in the field of First Aid and Instruction
- An invitation to re-qualify, complete with an updated tutor’s pack and USB, is available to you every three years
- An opportunity for you to develop your career and/or business in an ever growing market
- Level 3 Qualification in Education and Training issued by the awarding body to enhance your personal development
- The course is designed to ensure that the portfolio of evidence required by the Awarding Body is completed by the end of the course
- Full support is given before, during and after the course should it be required
- ELC fundable for military personnel
For the organisation you work for
- Vastly reduces First Aid costs by taking control of their First Aid needs
- An opportunity to expand their current activity to become a provider of First Aid and Defibrillation training
- Secure in the knowledge that they have the full support and back-up of Nuco Training Ltd